The best type of home Internet connection for you is the one that is going to allow you to run all the entertainment devices and computers in your house. You can connect the phones and tablets in the house to this connection, and you will be able to manipulate the connection to get the most out of it for your family.
The Wireless Router
You want to have an internet connection that has multiple ports in the house. set up the routers in the house to make sure that the routers are broadcasting all over the house. Also, you will be able to run these routers with a unique password that you set up on your own. These routers make life easier inside the house when you are using digital technology all the time, and they can sponge off the signal you get in the house.
You want to get a new connection at the house that is going to be installed fresh for your home. You are going to get more perks from the installation because someone is doing it to your specifications. They can put the Ethernet boxes in all the rooms where you need them, and you will be able to set up the connection in each room to suit your needs.
Your Internet connection at the house is going to serve your entire family during the day when it is running. However, you need to make sure that you have it set up by the installer in a way that is going to help you cover the entire home. You must remember that it is much easier to use these connections when they are made fresh for your home. Without these connections set up as new items in the house, they are not going to function in the way that you would like them to. You will be able to connect any WiFi device you need.
If you know anything about how the Internet works, surely you’ve heard the terms “3G” and “4G” floated around. But do you really know what 3G and 4G mean – and do you really understand the benefits of using this data as opposed to Internet with an Internet provider, such as CenturyLink?
We didn’t think so, so we’ll make it real easy for you to get a solid grasp in this post by comparing the three service options so you can make the call for yourself:
The “G” in “3G” stands for a generation of mobile technology. So, for example, 3G Internet is more advanced than 2G, but not as advanced as 4G. 3G was first made available in 2003, offering minimum speeds of 144Kbps. Essentially, 3G brought smartphone technology mainstream, as it offered a fast and affordable way for users to access the Internet or apps while they were on the go. Today, it’s not uncommon for 3G networks to feature speeds of 144Kbps or greater – a lot of it depends on the network you’re using. However, 3G has since taken a backseat to…
As we already established, 4G is the latest generation of mobile technology, so you already know that it’s faster than its 3G predecessor. In fact, as of 2013, most people have upgraded to mobile devices that operate on a 4G network, making 3G somewhat dated and obsolete. 4G is much faster and especially useful for those who do more than just surf the web, but stream video, play games, etc. Just how fast is 4G? It’s said to be 10 times faster than 3G, offering download speeds between 5 and 12 Mbps per second and upload speeds usually between 2 and 5 Mbps. Peak download speeds can get up to the 50s.
Let us first note one big advantage of using CenturyLink High Speed Internet – data you use doesn’t count against your data plan like it does for 3G and 4G. Generally speaking, service speeds from a provider are much faster than 4G as well. For example, CenturyLink has a plan that offers launching speeds of up to 1,000 Mbps. Based on what you’ve read in this article, you don’t even need us to tell you how comparatively fast that is.
For more information on Internet speeds, and how to maximize your browsing experience, contact us today.
1. Austin is the top city for internet with Google Fiber. It is the capital of Texas and boasts a large population of many tech-minded citizens. Large businesses and small businesses alike can take advantage of the quicker internet right away now that it is covering Austin. Small households can also enjoy this service and it’s quite affordable compared to other services.
2. Atlanta is a huge population center in Georgia and has a large foothold in many tech companies that have chosen this city as their base. It has opened doors for many homes and businesses to enjoy the faster speeds of Google Fiber. It is no surprise that many are signing up for the service as it allows for multiple devices streaming at once.
3. Salt Lake City is a large college city and is home to many businesses and industries. Having Google Fiber in Salt Lake City has been a huge boost to the local economy and has allowed more people to have fast internet access. This city is a popular place for clean living and economically friendly services and Google Fiber fits right in what that.
4. Kansas City is now part of the Google Fiber network and it can enjoy the expanded internet access in many capacities. Small business owners and even large corporations that need more reliable speeds can take part in it now for prices that are competitive. The fiber network can also give private homes a new option for having better internet service.
5. Nashville is the home of country music in many people’s eyes. This bastion of country music and creativity is a great place and Google Fiber has landed there with full structure availability. Music studios and musicians will love the faster download and upload speeds.